#ThursdayThought – Are You Getting Better?
There is a saying that I am particularly fond of:
“Your only competition is yourself.”
And there is another saying as well:
“You’re only as good as your last performance.”
By combining these two sayings, it should give us each a sense of the one thing we need to accomplish every day.
Are You Getting Better?
We should all ask not just ourselves, but those who we allow to provide straight honest feedback, to answer if we indeed truly getting better. Some questions to ponder:
- Am I becoming more trustworthy among those I work and know?
- Do I find new ways to learn and challenge myself to grow?
- Is my reputation getting better?
- Have I taken care of those things I’m scared of others finding out?
- Did I overcome excuses today?
- Am I working towards peak health, thinking and attitudes?
- Did I create more happiness for others today?
- Am I allowing others to be more important than myself?
Questions like these to ourselves and our accountability partners will peel away the surface performance and attitudes and challenge ourselves to go deeper to be a truly better human above all else.
So, how are you getting better today?