#ThursdayThought – EI, Not AI or BI
If you look for top leadership trends in the coming year, there is a lot of overlap among the following themes of what employees expect from their leaders:
- Change Leadership
- Training and Professional Development
- Connection, Respect, Open Conversations
- Collective Leadership
- Transparent Workplace Culture
- Deepening Engagement through Communication and Trust
Now here are some of the top business trends for 2020:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data
- Nano Technology emerges into the workforce
- The Internet of Things (IoT) becomes more commonplace
- Data on employees to track productivity and output
In the first group, employees want better leadership to emerge. They want leaders of integrity, servant mindsets, and most importantly, Emotional Intelligence (EI).
In the second group, business wants technology to run things. If business leaders can use AI and BI to make a better workforce, they expect success on their terms.
In spite of the advances in technology, business is and always will be about people. And leaders who recognize this will double down on their being a leader of serving and integrity, rather than bullying through old school methods and newfound technology.
As tech-savvy as the modern workforce is, they want EI over AI and BI, every time.Tweet
The evolution of business is and will be predicated by the human spirit, and how people can be connected through a vision versus micromanagement of farming out the spirit to technology.
Wise leaders will meet these needs to greater success than those who do not.
How will you make your EI evolve to become a better leader, and make those around you better?