Why Development Is A Core Focus As A Leader
If you ask the average person, they may say the focus of leadership to be:
- Attain results
- Meet goals
- Share vision
- Service customers
- Get people to perform
- Create culture
- Manage daily operations
Leadership is a balance of all the above, but one essential piece that most leaders fall short on is this:
Development of your people in their skills to the highest level they want to attain.
This can manifest in the following ways:
- Helping them gain mastery of core job functions
- Developing skills in new areas
- Strengthen those areas they are already strong in
- Building desire to grow through increased engagement
- Casting vision of the organization to help them see what they can accomplish
- Fostering a desire to lead in varying capacities
- Placing them in situations they can grow and stretch
- Increasing their knowledge by giving access to learning resources of all types
Developing your people is key to sustainable growth of the organization. A good culture cannot grow and refresh if it’s people do not grow. A great strategy can be executed but if your people don’t learn something new the next strategy may not go as well.
At the core of every action, goal, and metric attained in any company is the need to having your people learn as much as they can. This only strengthens the foundation of your organization and builds more connected, committed, and long-term engagement in your workforce.
Purpose daily to develop your people. That is true leadership.
Posted on June.18.2018, in #OrganizationalDevelopment, #WorkCulture, Connection & Engagement, Leadership, Leadership Strategies, People Development, Talent, Training. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.