20+1 Thoughts For Reinventing Your Leadership
If you’re stuck in a rut of leadership, feeling hopeless that you’re not making much of a positive impact, then perhaps you need to reinvent your leadership approach.
It’s a common problem that all leaders face from time to time, and if done right, and make an incredible positive impact for the remainder of your career.
Here are 20+1 thoughts on reinventing your leadership to have a better influence:
- Remember what your core values are.
- Write down why you aspire to lead.
- Dream of how your leadership can make your world better.
- Identify those people whose lives will be better because of your influence. (It may be everyone).
- Find your shortcomings and fix those immediately.
- Determine to be a student of people.
- Determine to be a servant of people.
- Don’t minimize the importance of being a servant leader.
- Designate an accountability mentor to help you grow and stay rooted.
- Bring a mentoring mindset to every day.
- Make time weekly to study your industry.
- Set goals for your people and help them achieve them.
- Erase those thoughts that limit your leadership ability.
- Admit your mistakes openly.
- Conquer your fears by speaking more in meetings and other settings.
- Find the joy in discovering, learning, teaching, and growing.
- Be who you say you are going to be. (Authenticity Quotient – AQ).
- Read 1 book each month.
- Appreciate everyone you interact with.
- Be thankful for challenging people, circumstances, and life.
- Find the “One Thing” that motivates you to give your best. Think on that every morning.
These and many other thoughts can quickly help you orient your leadership towards a wider and more meaningful influence. By changing things up around who you are, you can be a more effective leader with greater success, satisfaction, and credibility in the coming year.
Reinvent yourself effectively by starting today!