Posting UP The Year
As most folks do, I thought it would be neat to give a brief review of the posts I’ve written in various mediums over the past year.
It’s a great way to see how our writing, our thoughts, and ourselves, evolve as we each work to make a positive leadership impact in our world.
Before we go any further, I do want to thank you all who read and support this blog. It’s great to interact with you all through social media and your comments , and I look forward to getting to know you all more in the coming year!
Here are the top posts from this past year:
- Time To Listen UP – Picked up by SmartBrief, how to overcome the barriers to listening
- Taking Your Team’s Temperature – Staying in touch with your people, one at a time
- Thought Leaders On Thankfulness – Posts from other leadership thought leaders on being thankful and grateful
- People Development: The Bamboo Parable – Never underestimate someone’s growth beneath the surface
- Is Your Passion Positive Or Negative? – Don’t use “passion” to excuse poor behavior
My Favorite Posts:
- Why Leaders Should Build The Castle First – Lessons from Walt Disney’s vision of the Magic Kingdom
- Keeping A Mission-Critical Focus – Keep Job #1 as Job #1
- A Leadership Lesson From A Teenage Boy – We can learn from anyone, even teenagers
- Digging For Gold … Or Digging Up Dirt? – What are leaders focusing on in their people
- Still Leading At 94 – My uncle is still setting an example
Popular Post from Other Sources:
Lead Change Group:
- Is Hope A Leadership Trait? – What is a leaders role in instilling hope
- When Leaders Lose It – Steps to recover from blowing it
- Leaders Are Made To Be Born – A new perspective on an age-old debate
- How We Overlook Hidden Talent – Your next all-star is already on your team
- What Jail Taught Me About Leadership – What our society tells us is needed in leaders
Smart Brief On Leadership:
- Leadership Accountability – A Positive, Simple Approach – a popular post for 2 months on SmartBrief; how to hold yourself accountable as a leader
And finally, here’s an offering from LinkedIn:
- How To Tell Your People They’re Worthless – How a former colleague demoralized their staff
- Why You Don’t Need Everybody On Your Team – Sometimes you need to cut people loose
- Hiring: How The Spurs Did It Right With Becky Hammon – How to hire the right person for the job
- How To Kill “It’s Not My Job” – Eliminating an unproductive cultural mindset
- Passive Employees Are The Key To A Great Team – The quiet ones can get it done
Here’s to you all having a terrific 2015!! Let’s keep it UP!!