A Little More Extra Effort
Last month I posted on how “Extra Effort Makes The Difference“.
Since then, I’ve received feedback and ideas from many people that explodes this definition beyond what I suggested.
Everyday, leaders from all over are giving that little extra effort to push towards that goal, to build that person’s confidence, or to generate synergy within a certain team. It’s the belief that when they lay their head on the pillow at night, they know they did everything they could that day to improve their lives and the lives of those in their world.
Here are some more ideas on how to give that “extra effort”:
- Call your mentor and closest professional friends weekly to thank and appreciate them for their efforts in your life
- Breaking your team out for a “vision session”
- Call a quick “town hall” meeting to ensure everyone is on the same page, the same team
- Stopping during the day to review your company goals and mission
- Pausing during the day to review your life goals and mission
- Asking questions to find out which two parties need to be more connected and integrated
- Tabling all administrative task to late day or after business hours to spend more time with your people and customers
- Calling or texting your spouse or family and folding them into your busy day
- Asking colleagues to proofread a proposal to look for feedback
- Telling your customers that you appreciate their support and are glad to work with them
- Take 5-10 minutes daily to learn more in your job role
Every idea will not fit every leader, but in putting these in front of you the hope is that you can be inspired to give a little more and reap enormous benefits as a result of a little extra effort.
Remember, a little goes a long way, whether it’s your smile, your attitude, or your effort.